Monday, March 28, 2005

posted by Tab

The Redemptive Nature of God

After doing some required reading for the beginning of my course, Old Testament Survey (Rev 2Nd Ed): Lasor, I wrote this post on small things

The thing that struck me at the time, was God's redemptive nature. It is a character trait of his that it shown so clearly in Genesis - and throughout out the whole of the bible and beyond that into my life. I've realised that in posting this, I unknowingly began my first assignment for this year! I'll link it when it's finished but this is the raw bones of it.

REDEMPTION

One of those BIG words.

To me it means that I was kind of useless
how I was, but then God saw potential in me, so he bought me, and fixed me up,
so everyone else could see what he saw, and so that I'd be useful.

Theologically maybe that's not he best description of redemption but
it's what I think of. Like when I went op shopping and bought a pair of shoes.
The soles were perished, so I had 2 pull them off. So I bought some rubber, and
cut out new soles and put them on my shoes. These are my "redeemed" shoes.



Or these candles I made last night.

They had melted in the sun - 2 white candles and some blue ones. So I melted
them right down, and with the help of a toilet roll, and a 2min-noodle cup, I
made these. When I looked @ them I realised thats what Jesus has done to me.

So I'm going to keep them to remind me of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home